Three Prayers to Pray in 2016
Soon we will be embarking on 2016 and the key is will this upcoming year be any better than 2015? Now, I know we all want a more exciting personal and family life more than we had in this year of 2015. The question is how can we achieve that, how can we have a 2016 like we have always dreamed.
Let me give you three suggestions. But, not any prompting, but prayerful ones that will give us guidance for a year that we have envisioned and imagined. Think about this first please.
- Father, my God, this year I will make it my priority, to know you.
3 And this is eternal life, that they know you the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom you have sent.
- Father, my God, this year I will speak sweetly.
Proverbs 16:21, 24
21 The wise of heart is called discerning,
and sweetness of speech increases persuasiveness.
24 Gracious words are like a honeycomb,
sweetness to the soul and health to the body.
- Father, my God, this year I will hear your voice.
27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me.
- Let us all make it our personal goal to come to God more than ever before.
- Let us make our family ministry to add to people’s lives, reach out, to encourage them.
- Let us crave to hear the voice of God, and put aside religiousness.