Encouragement in a World
of Political Agendas
I thought today that I would give us all some encouragement, especially in a world that is right now displaying their personal political agendas. Some of you just love the political world, then there are some that absolutely hate it. But in between there are people who don’t hate it, nor do they love it; they will pray, view at times, but then they will say, “I have had enough.”
So, wherever you are, let us all receive some powerful encouragement from God’s word by getting some truth about living in a world dominated by the political scene. Let us begin by reading Proverbs 14:34. This is wisdom coming from the very mouth of God. The Bible says, “Righteousness exalts a nation, but sin is a reproach to any people.”
Outline: What does this mean to those of us who live in Grand Forks? What does this mean to our country that is dominated by politics?
- We can make a difference, Proverbs 14:34 and 2 Corinthians 5:21.
“Righteousness exalts a nation, but sin is a reproach to any people.”
2 Corinthians 5:21
21 For our sake he made him to be sin who knew no sin, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.
- We can make our city good, Proverbs 11:23.
The desire of the righteous ends only in good; the expectation of the wicked in wrath.
- We can function in God’s nature, Proverbs 23:3.
He restores my soul; He leads me in paths of righteousness for his name’s sake.
- You can make a difference, so let’s get involved!
- Volunteer somewhere in our city, all you will do is to establish good!
- Let us all make up our minds to let the people of this city see Jesus Christ in us.